One piece of advice, it can be really hard to find unsweetened coconut but they do have one brand at Whole Foods.
1 14-fl-oz can non or low-fat condensed milk (not evaporated)
2 1/2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 cup dried fruit--cranberries, raisins, chopped apricots and/or apples
1 cup seeds (pumpkin, sunflower and/or sesame)
1 cup nuts---optional. I have used roasted, unsalted almonds, though she recommends unsalted peanuts.
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees and oil a 9- x 13-inch baking pan or just use a disposable aluminum foil one.
2. Warm the condensed milk in microwaveable safe bowl for 1 minute in the microwave.
3. Add all the other ingredients and mix, using a rubber spatula to fold and distribute.
4. Spread the mixture into the oiled or foil pan and press down with a spatula to make the surface even.
5. Bake for 1 hour, remove, and after about 15 minutes, cut into four across and four down, to make 16 chunky bars. Let cool completely.