Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Corn and Salsa Verde, Inspired by Craigie on Main

At our Father's Day meal at Craigie on Main, we had a delicious salsa verde. Once home, I happily discovered that Chef Maws had a similar recipe for Ramp Salsa Verde on his blog. However, without ramps sitting around my house, and as my husband is cilantro-averse, I made a few changes. I did, though, have some fresh corn that I had grilled for dinner. I cut off the kernels and mixed them in. Put on top of grilled chicken, it was delicious. I suspect it would also be great on fish.

Adapted from Tony Maws' Ramp Salsa Verde

1 cup of chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped basil
½ diced red or vidalia onion
1 clove garlic, minced finely
1 anchovy
2 Tbs. sherry vinegar
4 Tbs. olive oil
zest of 1 lemon
salt and pepper

Mix everything together in a mini-food processor or by hand. Taste it. Add salt and pepper if it needs it. Store in the refrigerator for a day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment