Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 4: Mastering the Art of Chinese Cooking: Roast Pork!

Our last day cooking from Mastering the Art of Chinese Cooking this summer was a pork feast. We had made pork using both the Momofuku cookbook.


Barbecued Pork-Total heaven. Sure, we needed to find preserved tofu but it made the difference between good pork and really fabulous Chinatown style pork.


Barbecued Pork with Leeks-Once the pork was made, this took literally minutes. I rarely cook with leeks and this dish made me question that decision.

Vegetable Dumplings: These were yummy.  And they were suprisingly easy to make.

Pot Stickers-I enjoyed these, though I preferred the vegetarian version. They were just a bit too salty for my taste.
Steamed Pork Buns-Okay, so I will never love these as much as the Momofuku style steam buns. But the pleasure of these was having them in the freezer, ready to be steamed up at anytime.
Baked Pork Buns-These reminded me of calzone with a dough sweet wrapping. Good and again, they froze beautifully. 


No comments:

Post a Comment