Friday, July 16, 2010

Of Mountains, Moments and Maple Syrup: Smugglers' Notch Resort, Vermont

"Mountains, Grandma! I see mountains!" My two year old, previously a mountain novice, sang this refrain throughout our 3 days at Smugglers' Notch Resort in Jeffersonville, Vermont. The four year old hasn't stop asking when we can move to Vermont, now that we are back at home. Our vacation to Smuggs, as the resort calls itself, was a special one and I am appreciative that they invited us up to visit. I am also thankful that my mom (better known as "Grandma") came with us to help with pool visits, sunscreen application and car-snack distribution.
I was lucky to grow up visiting Southern Vermont. However, Smugglers' Notch, which is located near Burlington, is a new world for me. And it is a glorious one. As soon as we headed up Route 89, the Green Mountains stood upon us, quickly helping to leave life's stresses behind in Metrowest Boston.
There were so many wonderful aspects to our trip to Smuggs, that I have written about the experience in a few separate posts.

(I will hot link them later this week)
Click here to learn more about our gorgeous 2 bedroom accommodations.
Click here to learn about my food recommendations or here to read about our meal at the nearby 158 Main in Jeffersonville or here to read about our meal at the Hearth and Candle.




No comments:

Post a Comment